We invite both practitioners and researchers to participate in this event, and submit an abstract (maximum 1,000 words) for a proposed presentation.
The topics of the symposium will include, but are not limited to:
- Applications using automated data to enhance strategic or service planning, performance measurement, fare policy, market research, and equity.
- Applications using automated data to assist in operations control, incident management, and service restoration.
- Use of automated data to understand demand, customer behavior, normal patterns of travel, and response to service disruptions.
- Methodological challenges in using automated data.
- New technologies for data collection.
- Visualization tools.
- Organizational challenges related to data management, access and governance.
Please note that the emphasis for this symposium is primarily on public transit (i.e., fixed route and demand responsive transit), but not on shared-use modes (e.g., car sharing, bike sharing, e-scooters, ride-hailing, robo-taxis, etc.), which have many other venues.
- Extended Abstract Submission (maximum 1,000 words): January 31, 2020
- Acceptance Notification: March 27, 2020